Monday, November 19, 2007

Tea Pouring Master & More

We've written a few times now about tea pouring experts. Yes, there really is such a thing. What they do is apparently called - at least according to an article in the Malaysia Star - the art of the long spout tea kettle. For more about Wang Chun (no, not the Eighties group - that's Wang Chung), a master of this art, look here.

Never heard of a "pud" before? Me neither, at least not until I read a recent article in Britain's the Sunderland Echo. After reading the article I still don't know exactly what a pud is, but it's an interesting piece nonetheless. It's about a unique and decidedly avant garde interpretation of the tried and true British standby - tea and toast - that involves a frozen "tea balloon" filled with Earl Grey ice cream. More here.

shop for tea books.

, , ,


Steph said...

Long spout pouring and puds are both new to me! Thanks for keeping us current, Tea Guy!

Steph said...

PS - I think "pud" may mean "pudding." It's a generic way to refer to dessert in Britain.

I'm linking to these items from my blog, and giving you credit. Thx!